You probably do not give too much thought to the parts of a refrigerator before it stops cooling, or it comes time to buy a new model. To guarantee you get the most use possible out of this invaluable appliance it can be nice to understand how it keeps food and drinks cool—and One-Call Sugar Land Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to learn everything you need to understand about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it is time to hire refrigerator repair Sugar Land.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find too many houses that don’t feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a standard household appliance for several years now. A refrigerator can store your food and drinks at the best temperature, in order to prevent spoiling and slow down harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by distributing the warmth from the interior of the appliance to the outside, by using the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call One-Call Sugar Land Appliance Repair:
A compressor is a combo of a motor and pump, and it’s necessary for the circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
A compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional service if the compressor is no longer working.
A condenser is located on the back exterior panel of the appliance and will help to release the heat built-up within the refrigerator out to the surrounding air.
The evaporator is attached in the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs the heat trapped within it, thereby lowering the temperature inside the appliance.
Once an evaporator stops working, it’s time to enlist a professional. Do not wait until it is too late.
Liquid refrigerant is directed through a capillary tube which acts as an expansion tool to cool the gas, turning the gas into liquid.
A thermostat regulates the current temperature throughout the refrigerator, engaging a new cooling cycle as it is appropriate.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in Sugar Land for repair the moment a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors alert the compressor to start, and then the next cooling cycle begins. The refrigerator collects the cold liquid refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the warm gas towards the condenser coils on the back of the unit, where it comes into contact with warmer temperature in the kitchen and transforms back to a liquified state.
3. The cooled refrigerant continues on its trip towards the evaporator, pushing through the many coils within the refrigerator and top freezer section.
4. The liquid then absorbs the heated air from the interior of the refrigerator, returning the temperature until it has reached the desired final point.
5. The refrigerant evaporates, and turns back into a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor so it can then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in several applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By removing heat from a single location and then transferring it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a house, creates a safe environment for perishable food, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different everyday products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require professional attention? You can schedule an appointment with One-Call Sugar Land Appliance Repair.
One-Call Sugar Land Appliance Repair can repair all major brands and models of refrigerators – including commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed repairman in Sugar Land are trained to fix issues with cooling, broken ice makers, condensation problems, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart systems and countless other malfunctions. We everything about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working